Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Laptop....a Dying technology in education?

The Laptop is one of the most revolutionary pieces of technology in the educational world.  But is it a dying device?  With the creation of the I-Pad more users like the user friendliness and size of the new apple technology.  Apple has literally altered how schools utilize technology in the classroom.  New apple products such as the I-Pad have changed how teachers present information and how students learn.  For example:  Nutley high school has purchased new I-Pads for physical education instructors to take attendence.  While seemingly unnecessary, phys.ed as well as other subjects can greatly benefit from this purchase. Other schools are purchasing I-Pads for their english classes.  English classes have found ways to save space from books and download books onto the I-Pad. 

So what does this all mean for laptop users?  This means that the laptop will unfortunately be obsolete technology in the next six years (my prediction).  The I-Pads are revolutionizing the way people are learning.  In READ 411, we discussed how the I_Pad's features are revolutionize the way students are comprehending vocab and key concepts.  Sadly, the technology we all know and love will eventually be changed.  It is our job as future educators to pave the way for students to recieve the optimal learning experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment